I hardly have time for this post, but I can’t pass up the opportunity to vent. Once again, the college basketball mafia has nominated an undeserving Duke to #1 in the polls.
Let’s review the situation from this past week:
- UConn defeats #20 Villanova
- UConn also defeats #19 Notre Dame (who had previously won 45 games in a row at home)
- UConn plays in the Big East, a conference largely considered to be the strongest division in college basketball*
- UConn has more wins against ranked opponents than any other team in college basketball
- Duke defeats unranked NC State
- Duke defeats unranked Maryland
- Duke plays in the ACC, a conference largely considered to be inferior to the Big East*
In spite of the facts, Duke gets a #1 ranking.
Can someone explain the logic to me?
*An unbiased Coach K begs to differ.